Greg Thompson designed the 179 for rescue performance and less-than lethal self-defense. The tool includes the Benchmade rescue hook design, a carbide glass breaker, O2 wrench and the same finger loop and integral sheath design as the rest of the SOCP family.
- Rescue hook with carbide glass breaker and oxygen wrench features 440C steel construction
- Gray coated single piece tool with finger ring for ease of deployment and use
- Injected molded MOLLE compatible sheath with dip coated clip and lanyard holes
- Gray tool with black sheath
- Overall Length: 6.75"
- Blade Length: 2.50"
- Handle Length: 4.25"
- Thickness: 0.120"
- Blade Steel: 440C Stainless Steel, 58-60HRC
- Weight: 1.88 oz.
- Sheath Weight: 1.00 oz.