It may not be TSA approved but the aptly named 737 Aileron is meant for the high skies. Rapid deployment and control are the key factors in the Aileron, the first collaboration with Steve Tarani from Benchmade.
Designed for the Aviation Industry with input and review from pilots and Federal Flight Deck Officers, the 737 features innovative laser texturing on the blade which provides extra traction and facilitates Tarani’s two-handed opening method in which he instructs his martial arts students. The knife can also be opened with the blade cutout, or by using the Axis Lock to flip the blade out.
Machined G10 handles taper toward the back, and is designed to provide a positive grip for all hand sizes. The truly ambidextrous Axis Lock (along with reversible pocket clip) allow anyone to use the Aileron safely, as the knife can be opened and closed one-handed, without your fingers crossing the path of the blade.
The finishing touch on the Aileron is S30V steel, providing exceptional edge retention and stain resistance. Designed for rough environments, the Aileron is a unique tactical and utilitarian folder ideal for air or ground use.
- CPM-S30V premium stainless steel (58-60HRC) drop point blade with laser textured grip
- Thumb hole opener
- AXIS lock mechanism
- Textured black G10 handle
- Reversible tip-up black oxide deep carry pocket clip
- Steve Tarani design
- Blade Length: 3.45" (8.76 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.120" (3.048 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.58" (11.63 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.03" (20.40 cm)
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Finish: Black Cerakote
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Handle Material: G10
- Handle Color: Black
- Handle Thickness: 0.54" (13.72 mm)
- Locking Mechanism: AXIS
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Left/Right Deep Carry
- Lanyard Hole: Yes
- Use: Everyday Carry, Tactical
- Weight: 4.24 oz. (10.67 mm)
- Designer: Steve Tarani