All the function of the full-size Freek is now available in a smaller more convenient size. Featuring the same dual durometer handles that afford strength, comfort, and positive grip combined with the original, fully ambidextrous Benchmade AXIS lock, this EDC is ready for whatever the day can throw at it.
A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100 percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar that rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spans the liners and is positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang. As a result, the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- AXIS lock mechanism
- CPM-S30V stainless steel drop point blade (58-60HRC)
- Warm gray Grivory and black overmolded Versaflex handles
- Reversible tip-up deep-carry pocket clip
- Blade Length: 3.00"
- Closed Length: 4.05"
- Overall Length: 7.05"
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.104"
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Thickness: 0.59"
- Handle Material: Warm Gray Grivory with Black Overmolded Versaflex
- Locking Mechanism: AXIS Lock
- Pocket Clip: Deep-Carry Tip-Up, Right/Left
- Weight: 2.57 oz.
- Designer: Benchmade