Heavily milled G10 scales, stainless steel liners, and expressive styling take the 495 Vector AXIS-Assist flipper in an entirely different direction. Sized like a tactical blade with a feeling in the hand of a true EDC tool, the Vector can and will do everything you ask of it.
A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100 percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar that rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spans the liners and is positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang. As a result, the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- CPM-S30V premium stainless steel spear point blade (58-60HRC)
- Black contoured G10 handle with stainless steel liners
- AXIS-Assist flipper with
- Reversible tip-up silver deep-carry pocket clip
- Blade Length: 3.60"
- Closed Length: 4.82"
- Overall Length: 8.42"
- Blade Material: CPM-S30V Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.100"
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Spear Point
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Thickness: 0.60"
- Handle Material: Contoured Black G10
- Locking Mechanism: AXIS Lock
- Pocket Clip: Deep-Carry Tip-Up, Right/Left
- Weight: 4.11 oz.
- Designer: Benchmade